Account Executive - Outside Sales - Restaurants
HFSE, Inc. - Chelsea, MA
Areas of Concentration: Metro-West / South-Shore / Greater Boston
Summary: The Account Executive is responsible for managing the sales life-cycle including generating leads, writing proposals, making presentations, identifying and securing new business opportunities, monitoring account performance, and following up on sales activities through delivery to ensure satisfaction with territory-specific food service customers. Generally, this is accomplished by identifying a substantial pipeline of targeted customers; making in-person sales calls; visiting food service providers; and by providing exceptional knowledge and service to customers in a timely and efficient manner. A strong alignment with the company's mission, values and goals are also necessary for long-term success and growth within the company. The Account Executive acquires and retains business partners by developing strong customer relationships, maintaining an active call back list, and creating and following up on referrals from their existing customer base. Account Executive is responsible for full cycle sales process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies new lateral and vertical market target customers through print/electronic media sources, business directories, liquor license applications, leads from existing clients and the Design Build division.
- Stays abreast of business strategies and trends to effectively acquire new business and to maximize revenue growth period over period with existing customers.
- Calls on at least fifteen (15) prospective customers each week.
- Schedules weekly face-to-face meetings with existing customers to assess short and long-term needs.
- Prepares tabletop, small wares and/or equipment quotes.
- Solicits, secures, processes and ensures fulfillment of reorder business; encourages all customers to utilize the E-commerce platform.
- Orders samples, sets-up and presents tabletop options to customers for consideration.
- Develops a close working relationship with key decision makers at existing accounts including not but limited to the property's general manager, chef, buyer, catering manager, and/or events manager.
- Ensures customer's questions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Completes at least five (5) sales calls per day with existing customers.
- Establishes effective working relationships with manufacturers' representatives.
- Obtains and follows-up on credit applications necessary to open a new account and supports the credit/collection process as necessary.
- Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work schedules to maximize sales and profitability.
- Two years experience in B2B outside sales or restaurant operations in the front and/or back of the house; or,
- Associates degree or Culinary Arts degree plus a combination of four years experience in B2B outside sales or restaurant operations in the front and/or back of the house; or,
- Computer hardware and software proficiency including an intermediate-level, hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), Autoquotes and Internet navigation.
- Maintains a valid driver license and current vehicle insurance at all times throughout the employment cycle; has access to reliable transportation.
- Presents professionally, both in attire and demeanor.
- Spends at least 50% of each work day in personal vehicle, driving to and from customer appointments.